Tuesday 20 January 2009

Fundão - Portugal

In Fundão, Paulo Sanches had bad weather, but in the true spirit of the IYA2009, decided not to be stopped by a bit of rain. This is his report:

“We setup the telescope despite the bad weather, with no luck. I ended up going inside and did a little “lecture” about the Sun to my family, with the material I had in my laptop. Of course the more excited ones were my son and my nephews (the oldest is turning into a real astronomy enthusiast). On the laptop we also saw what we could have seen outside, and much more, because the children’s curiosity has no bounds. Even with bad weather we still ended up spending a nice “Dawn of IYA2009”, with happiness and satisfaction.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.